Many of us wait in anticipation of finding true love. We spend a lot of time wondering when we will meet that special someone. When will we no longer be alone? When will we get to share our life with them? However, how much time do we spend thinking about exactly what type of love we are looking to attract? It’s time we stop spending our time in anticipation and instead invest our time in experiencing the true love we seek now.
Here are five ways we can do this:
- Be thankful for all of the love currently in your life: What love is in our life that we currently cannot see? Sometimes we spend so much time focusing on the lack of romantic love in our life we don’t even recognize or give gratitude for all the other types of love we currently have. Surround yourself with the love that is already yours. Experiencing love from your family, friends, co-workers and others will keep you in the flow of enjoying true love.
- Give love: There’s a spiritual principle that says “whatever you give away you get back.” Therefore giving love begets receiving love. How can you show love today to yourself? To your family? To your friends? To your neighbor? Being in a space of giving love will allow you to be more receptive to receiving love.
- Create a love vision board: Look through magazines and find words and images that describe or display the type of love you would like to create in your life. Paste them to a poster board and place it somewhere you can see often. This will remind you of the type of love you are attracting into your life and you can feel grateful for it now.
- Create a love journal: Purchase a special journal for your beloved. This is a journal where you write loving thoughts just for your special someone. You can write about your day, your desire to be together or any other thoughts you would tell your mate once you meet. I’ve known several women who gave a love journal as a gift to their husband on their wedding night. Bookstores like Barnes and Nobles sell some great journals. Can you imagine what a special gift that would be?
- Set aside some time to experience the love you would like to have in your life: Go somewhere alone and be still. Close your eyes and visualize this romantic love. Use all 5 of your senses to really feel it. How does it feel to be with your partner? Can you smell your partner’s cologne or perfume? How is this special person treating you? What activities do you two do together? What special qualities and characteristics are being brought into your life? What special qualities and characteristics are you bringing into theirs? Spend as little or as much time as you like doing this. The more often, the better. This visualization can even be done in a power-packed 5 minutes! (Ex. Sometimes I’ll hear a song on the radio and the lyrics remind me of the type of love I am attracting into my life and I’ll close my eyes and visualize it as the song is on.) The mind can’t tell the difference between what is real and what is imagined so really spend some time immersing yourself in the feeling.
Why wait to meet that special someone to experience true love when you can experience true love now? By performing the activities above, you can create a life in which every day is filled with love and bliss.
What other activities do you do that assist you in experiencing true love now?
Photo: qthomasbower/ Flickr